Customizing my MP into the waiting line

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LeKiD, Sep 7, 2007.

1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Waiting for the new Mac Pro, my mind is day dreaming about my brand new machine and I'm already trying to plan how the beast will look like from the inside. But like many of us, my budget will limit my expectations.

Now, I know there are some components that do not need to come from Apple. With video editing in mind, and with a Mac Pro 8 core... what should be bought from mac and what should be bought outside? Basicaly, what would be the basic order from mac and which additions should be made from other companies to maximize the value vs. budget?

2. bigbird macrumors 6502

"-Don't be so foolish, just jump in my car you'll get candies!"

I don't find your signature funny. How old are you?

3. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

According to your nickname... I can understand.

4. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

Don't worry I dont think he was trying to amuse you or cares what you think.

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

My advice would be to go 3rd party for your drive and RAM to save money over Apple's offering. If you want to have a larger hard drive for your main hard drive, are you OK reinstalling the OS? If not, then go ahead and upgrade that from Apple from the get go.

It doesn't seem like too many people were offering advice to the OP's question.

6. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

If you need a better graphics card now would be the time to get that as well.

7. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

What do you mean by now? Is there any chance that Apple comes out with new better graphic cards?