Customizing premade winterboard themes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tabris, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Tabris macrumors newbie

I have a handful of themes that I really like but in each there's one or two little things about them I absolutely hate, usually system sounds of some kind. I tried downloading new system or unlock/lock sounds and activating them above the theme in winterboard. However somehow the theme's sounds still trump the system sounds I placed.

I'm wondering if there's a way I can go into the theme package and remove certain things like the system sounds or anything I want. Or just anyway I could tweak settings in themes like that.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

there certainly is SSH into /Library/Themes and delete the files you dont want so if u have a Gears of War theme and you dont want the sound, dlete the folder containing the sounds (probably /UISounds)

3. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

I've got a background program that changes the image, but there are a few images that I would like to delete and add images. Is this possiable?

4. Tabris thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok this is my first real experience with SSH and all that, but I installed OpenSSH on my iphone and ran WinSCP [using windows] but there isn't a Themes folder in my Library....nor do I see anything that I have installed on my winterboard.

5. Tabris thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean like use your own images as your background?? Or is it like a video background that transitions between images? If it's static winterboard has a use user background thingy pre-installed with it.

6. Tabris thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I got it, I just had to go up one directory then enter a folder called "stash"

7. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Yer if I could do this, that would be great.

Dont follow you mate.