Customizing Toolbar

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chattahoochee, Feb 13, 2014.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

Using "Yahoo" as internet explorer, I cannot get the "Back / Forward" icon to work. It will work on this forum but not on the internet.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no version of Internet Explorer that runs on current OS X. Are you running Windows? If so, this belongs in the Windows, Linux & other on the Mac forum.

3. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

I am running Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5 Regardless. all "Back / Forward work well except Yahoo Internet Explorer. I will go to "Sarfari" and see if the "Back / Forward" work there.

4. simsaladimbamba

Can you give us a link to that Yahoo Internet Explorer? I could not find one for Mac OS X.

I guess you tried right clicking on the toolbar of that application and there was no option to customize?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're not running Internet Explorer on Mountain Lion. Internet Explorer for Mac was discontinued many years ago:

Internet Explorer for Mac

6. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

Perhaps I used the wrong word "Internet Explorer". I am using the "Yahoo" search Engine in Safari. Sorry for the confusion. Attached is the "Yahoo" page that comes up when I open Safari.

Attached Files:

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That makes more sense. So what is the problem with that page? Are you using that as your home page?

8. simsaladimbamba

When the Yahoo! website is the set homepage in Safari Preferences, it is okay for the BACK button to not work, as there is no site to go back to.
    If it is also the first www site to open, it is also normal for the FORWARD button to not work, as there has been no page you went forward yet.

But your screenshot shows the FORWARD button to be usable, as it is black, thus you already went to another website using that same tab/window.
    If you press it, you will see.

The BACK button is still greyed out due to there being no page to get back to.

Or do I misunderstand you?
    If so, maybe make a screenrecording via QuickTime Player X > File > New Screen Recording and upload the saved .mov file to your Dropbox account and link to it. If you do not have a Dropbox or similar file sharing service, you could send it per mail, when the file is smaller than 10 MB I suppose.

9. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you answered my question, although, a lot of time I have to go out & then return to yahoo to seek another issue. Thanks for the help.

10. simsaladimbamba

You could always open links in new tabs to leave the Yahoo! search results open in one tab.
    To do so, right click the link you want to open and select OPEN IN NEW TAB or while clicking the link hold down the CMD key.