Cut and Paste... do you like it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phrede, Jun 18, 2009.

1. phrede macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried out the new "cut and paste" feature? Do you like it? Was it what you expected?

I am hopeful that it will be worth it for me to upgrade in order to get that feature.

Also, do I understand correctly that you should now be able to "sync" Notes back to your computer from the ipod Touch?

Thanks in advance...

Phrede

2. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

Yes to both. Though I don't know that it's worth $10 by itself. But you do get a lot of other features.

3. Socorso macrumors member

Works great!

I selected a large section of a document sent to me via email; copied it and pasted it into the notes app. It worked perfectly! Well worth it!

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it wasn't worh the update price for me being on a 1st gen (but I managed to get iTunes to download it for free so hey) but it is deffinately a very nice addition.

5. McShizzel macrumors regular

The Copy and Paste works better than I first thought so that's good but Copy and Paste alone is not $10 good.

The other features are okay I think the update is a little overpriced more so if you own a 1st gen iPod Touch like me.

Apparently you can sync your notes to your computer but I have no idea where they are synced to :confused:, I tried a spotlight search on my Mac and couldn't find the notes.

6. osin macrumors 6502

7. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

I really liked the cut copy and paste feature. At first I thought it would be hard to control but it isn't.

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Mine are in Mail under 'Reminders'.

Picture 1.png

9. semin28 macrumors regular

Naw it wasnt worth it . I mean like i have nothing i want to copy and paste right now unlike 5 months ago when i did and i didn't have the feature . But i like it only bc why wouldn't u like the feature .

10. AngryApple macrumors 6502

I find the cut and paste feature really confusing to use. Randomly it will highlight something to copy, but when I want to actually use it, I can never get it to work. :confused:

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Just hold your finger down until the magnifier loop pops up and the let go. A Cut, Copy and Paste bubble will appear. Easy.

Personally I think the iPhones implementation is superior than in OS X or Windows because you can edit your selection and it predicts that you may want an entire block of text fairly accurately. I predict they'll add it to OS X. Once you use it it makes you say, "why didn't they think of that earlier?"

12. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I liked this bit too, just to try it out I was a site with a few paragraphs and did like u say but instead of wanting the full paragraph I only wanted 3/4s of the paragraph so that made it easier to highlight what I needed too. `

13. McShizzel macrumors regular

Thanks BoyBach

To bad it uses Mail to store the notes because I don't like using Mail I rather Apple just let me access my notes from within iTunes.

14. Dino451 macrumors 6502

I use it for my WPA keys. I use the max possible characters for the key and really hated doing it the first time. Now I just copied and pasted and I was ready to go.