CUT in Contextual Menu

mowogg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
San Gabriel, CA
I just noticed that I now have the option to "cut" in the contextual menu when selecting a file or folder. I updated to 10.4.8 and guess that is the reason. I've done a search here and don't see it mentioned by anyone. Does anyone know if that feature was added in 4.8? Am I missing something? HAs this been around for a while and I'm just now seeing it?

Just wondering,

Thanks!

mowogg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
San Gabriel, CA
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
What is "On my command" and "Documents to Go"? Any of them a potential "culprit"?
On my command runs scripts to ZIP or do other things, Docs to go syncs MS office up with my Palm. Neither adds anything outside of their menu items so I don't think it's that.

I don't have Cutter installed, so not that.

Here I thought it was one of those cool "undocumented" upgrades in 4.8 and it looks like I'm just showing my poor memory. I have to go to work now, but I'll look at it again tonight and I'll post anything I find out.

Thanks all!

Dreamkatcha

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
Manchester, England
I have FileCutter installed, but it doesn't make my context menu look like that. It adds a whole new 'drawer' to the right click menu which includes cut, copy, copy to, move to and register. Maybe in the earlier versions you only had the option to cut (and paste once something had been moved to the clipboard). I think I'd prefer the way you have it.

It's an excellent solution to an age old Mac problem by the way. For once Windows has it right out of the box.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Some of the tweaking programs like Mac Pilot have an option to enable the Cut command...could you have accidentally turned it on that way?