cut long video into 10 mins for youtube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ilfn143, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

is there any software out there that'll automatically cut long video into 10 mins for youtube?

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Automatically? While you eat doughnuts? Are you serious? Why not just do it in iMovie or Final Cut or whatever?

3. ilfn143 thread starter macrumors 6502

there's program like that for windows i want to know if there's one for mac. i have hours of home video. if u don't know ****!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Then why don't you show us the link to the Windows software, that can do this, and maybe someone will recognize that program and know of a Mac OS X equivalent.

And please, refrain from "****" sentences.

5. huntercr macrumors 65816

Hey, mind your manners, man. Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean that entitles you to talk like a jerk to someone. This isn't 4chan.

Courtaj obviously didn't realize why you would need this to be automatic. ( and really we all know why, now don't we )

It really does only take seconds to do this in imovie and Final Cut, so good luck to you if you find an automatic tool.

6. ilfn143 thread starter macrumors 6502

my original post:
    here's the software for windows http://findfiles.com/847/details-splitmovie.html

:rolleyes:

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Just edit out the best bits that are less than 10 minutes and the world will be a happier place. :D

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Ah, using a search engine can sometimes help as it seems.
    I used the terms "mac os x split movies", got a thread (1st result) with a link (last post) to the following: http://likelysoft.com/splitfuse/ .
    Have fun splitting.