Carrier Cut off for 3uk one plan (R.I.P)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gav2k, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The cut of date for this fantastic plan is 4/2/15 :'(

I'll be sad to see my unlimited tethering go as it has proved to be a lifesaver but 3gb isn't to shabby.

For anyone that's ignored three's requests. Your contract will change from unlimited tethering to a 3Gb cap per month.

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The CEO of Vodafone has said that consumers don't want unlimited data and I would imagine most providers will back him on that. Its a shame they didn't actually ask anybody though.

3. Gav2k thread starter macrumors G3

Gav2k

We've not lost unlimited data. The data cap on the device is still unlimited. It's just the tethered data cap that's been reduced from unlimited to 3gb

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm not sure you're 100% correct on that.

For example, there are people out there still on One Plan tariffs that include unlimited tethering, that don't expire for quite a few months.

My son's was taken out in September last year (12 month SIM Only), so still has circa 8 months to run.

As I understood it, they are eliminating the unlimited tethering option and replacing it with a 4GB limit, but only as people's contracts expire.

It's a phased approach and will of course apply to everyone, but gradually.

I recently moved to EE when I discovered the change was coming, best move I ever made as the EE 4G network is fantastic where I live/travel:

[​IMG]

5. Gav2k thread starter macrumors G3

Gav2k

Apologies I should have said one month rolling plans. Yes your correct its once your contract period has expired. As for the tethering limit I was told on the phone it was 3gb guess I'll find out next month.