Cut off mid update.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gammaazazel, Dec 10, 2010.

1. gammaazazel macrumors newbie

Hi, my ipod touch (2nd gen, 8 gig) Was in mid software update and it cut off. There's a huge crack on the screen, that was from last year, i can still use it just fine, but apple won't help me because of the crack. The ipod won't turn on and it won't charge, my computer also won't read it. It says USB device not recognized. I've tried resetting by holding the home and power button but that hasn't worked. Can anyone help/has this happened with anyone?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Put it into DFU Mode (Google it) then iTunes will allow you to restore it to the latest firmware version, 4.2.1 as of this writing.

3. gammaazazel thread starter macrumors newbie

Sir/Madam. You're a genius, Thank you. Lol, I've read and been to every forum I could think of and find on google. You've been the ONLY HELPFUL PERSON! Lol

4. gammaazazel thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the double post...but it stopped working. Mid restore it gave me an error 37 message. I'm going to try again though...but is there anything about this i should know?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Are you by chance trying to jailbreak your iPod or has it ever been jailbroken before? Also try downloading the firmware again (http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9855.20101122.Lrft6/iPod2,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw) and while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) click the restore button and navigate to the firmware file you just downloaded. You will have to be in DFU Mode to do this.

6. gammaazazel thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it from a friend, it was jailbroken, but I did a factory reset and went to update the firmware. It worked through itself again after I tried again, it asked me to restore one last time. I'm doing that now, its not done yet.

7. gammaazazel thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it from a friend, it was jailbroken, but I did a factory reset and went to update the firmware. It worked through itself again after I tried again, it asked me to restore one last time. I'm doing that now, its not done yet.

EDIT. It gave me the error again. I'm going to try again later tonight. Is there anything else I can do?

8. Wolvez macrumors newbie

I bought one from my friend too and it was jailbroken and i have the same problem