Cut off point for selling used 2nd gen Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dwl017, Jul 17, 2009.

1. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

dwl017

Hey all,

I have a recently purchased 8 GB 2nd gen Touch which I love to death but I am really excited about the possibility of a new model coming out in the Fall.

What do you folks think might be the cut off point to get reasonable price for my 2nd Touch on CL since clearly the value will drop drastically once the Fall models are announced?

I’m thinking my local Craig’s List will be so full of them once the new models hit that chances of making a sale will be slim to zero.

Any thoughts? list it now and go a few months without one or wait to the very last minute in the event the rumors dont come true?

Thanks

2. Benny- macrumors regular

Benny-

I don't think you will get a fantastic price for it as there are plenty of students selling the unopened iPod they got free with their Macs.
    I would wait around, when the 2nd gen was released i wasn't too bothered about the new features and was happy with my first gen.

3. GedBlue macrumors member

GedBlue

I sold my touch to get my iPhone, over 10 months I got £90 less than I paid for it. There are so many people looking to sell for various reasons...

...though that said, if you eBay it sensibly you may be able to sell it for a decent amount towards a new model - you may only lose £40 or so over a 3 or 4 month period if you keep it in good condition.

4. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

just keep your 2G iPod touch. its not like you will have an outdated iPod touch like my friend who still has a 1G iPod touch will lol. i sold my 1G to buy a 2G knowing that there would be a 3G soon. wait awhile after its released till you get the new one. who knows, it might not even be worth updating to a 3G

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Recently sold my iPod touch (16gb - 2nd Gen) for £150, so was quite happy with that. It went towards paying off the £200 (or so) I paid for my iPhone 3GS 32gb.

I'd be tempted to sell now, cos in September the 16gb will probably be the entry level iPod Touch selling at the current 8gb price.

6. duky macrumors 6502

Exactly as someone above said, with the BacktoSchool deals going on right now you'd be hard pressed to get anything over $130 for a used 8GB. I sold two brand new, unopened ones for $160.

7. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I sold my used 1G 8GB touch in January for $150.