Cut & Paste Shortcut

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bildio, Oct 24, 2009.

1. bildio macrumors regular

Is there a way to setup the iMac so ctl-c & ctl-v can be used to cut & paste?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

What's wrong with the usual shortcuts for those functions? :apple:-c and :apple:-v work just fine, in case you're not aware.

3. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I can't stand control being the button to do stuff on Windows. I use my thumb to hold command so I always accidentally hurt my fingers trying to stretch control+T on Windows using my thumb on control. It's just too far away. Even using another finger on control still isn't very comfortable.

4. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much. I didn't know about the :apple: key.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

You must have very small hands, or an unusually large keyboard. I can reach the 'T' with either thumb holding down Control. My keyboard has a control key on either side.

To the OP: I've known people who wanted to change the cut/copy/paste shortcuts to Control instead of Command. But, on my keyboard at least (and I think on any Mac-compatible keyboard I've ever used) the command key is closer to the x-c-v keys. So I say, get used to the improvement! ;)

6. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I can reach the T (barely), but it is so uncomfortable. Plus as you said, command being close is better as well.