Cut the 14-Day return period by half.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sir Cecil, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

The relief is palpable. In just over three hours, the Apple Store will close for the night and my 14-Day Return option will cease to be.
    Then, I can forget about the slight screen bleed that's been preying on my mind while I've known I could return the Macbook Pro for another. And another.
    But even now I'm feverishly double-checking everything to make sure there's absolutely no reason to take this computer back before... erk!... before it's TOO LATE!
    Of course, with a 7-Day return option, this nonsense would have ended a week ago and I'd be sitting here, happily devoid of any considerations about whether a return is necessary.
    Let's cut Apple customers' misery by half and make it a 7-Day return period. It would also cut the "shall I or shall I not return this" threads on this forum by 50% too!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

...or, Apple customers could cut their procrastination period by half.

It's not always easy to return something in 7 days. Life happens in the meantime.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Pretty much sums up this thread.

4. Doju macrumors 68000

/thread

5. Benjic macrumors regular

Yea, not being a hop, skip, and a jump from any Apple store kinda kills that idea as well. I'm in Rockford, IL, and my closest store is roughly 1h45m away. I drive an SUV so its not exactly a cheap trip to and from. Keep it at 14 please. :)

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'd support them to extend it to 90 days like Costco :D

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Please no. We already have fifty "I dropped a ______(cow/iphone/baby sister) on my new macbook pro. I have applecare, will that do?" threads.

I don't want to see fifty "I dropped a ________(SUV/Occupied Skyscraper/Anvil) on my new macbook pro. Its still in the 90 day return window, can I take it back?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If we're talking about Costco here, the answer would be YES. :p