Cut The Rope

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iHeartapple2, Oct 8, 2010.

1. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I just download the new game 'Cut the Rope'. The concept of the game seemed really stupid but it had 5 stars and it was only 99 cents so I had to give it a try. Now I wish I had not purchased it because I have been playing for over an hour!! If you are addicted to Angry Birds, stay away!!! :D

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

it's a great game however some of them are so annoyingly hard, they almost don't seem possible.

3. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

I think the game is perhaps too easy/simple. I'm getting through it too fast with 3 stars at every stage (I try multiple times, but I finally get 3 after a few tries). I think Angry Bird relies on a lot of chance as well as strategy, so you have to work hard (and hope) at some levels to get 3 stars. In Cut the Rope, it's only a matter of time before you figure out how to get all 3. That said, it's really fun, challenging at times, and I'd definitely recommend it. Hopefully, they'll add more boxes/levels in the near future to it going.

Also, it needs to upgrade to retina display graphics. It's fun to the point that you don't really notice or care, but it looked horrible on a screenshot I took.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I'm pretty sure that cut the rope has retina display graphics.

5. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

Really?

[​IMG]

The graphics aren't bad at all, but I don't think they're retina display optimized. Plus, they never use the term "retina display" in the app store. EDIT: By all means, this game is awesome - retina graphics or not. You don't really notice unless you look for it (which I do). If I had to choose, I'd rather the next update bring new levels rather than better graphics.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

These damn developers need to get on it. When releasing a NEW game by now it should have retina display. I'm tired of paying these guys when they don't meet the current specs.

8. Saint Errant macrumors newbie

Games take some time to develop. They probably didn't know about the retina display when they started, and it's not easy to just change your graphics like that.

9. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Oh please. A simple game like that I'm sure could be done in one day. How did Firemint update Real Racing to perfection so fast? Dev's need to get on it or I will leave one star rating's for all new apps that don't have retina display.

If I ever become a dev I know my software would be done right and not some ******** way that doesn't support the new technology Apple released.

10. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

So it took me about a day and a half to beat this game on my study breaks. I'm still missing one star on the 2nd to last level (so frustrating :mad:). Hopefully more levels are coming soon (like 100 more and not just a single box).

11. steeez macrumors member

12. actionjax08 macrumors newbie

Tips??

Hey there! I'm a fairly new iPhone user (hangs head and admits former Blackberry love). Anyway, I just downloaded this Cut The Rope game and LOVE IT. Pure addiction (I haven't played Angry Birds, but I guess these two have the same addicitve properties).

For those playing Rope, Level 3-13...WTF???? Getting all three stars is easy, but how the F do you get the candy in Om Nom's mouth??? I got every star in each level except 3-13, 3-24 (which I know how to do, but just can't get it working for me). I'm currently on 4-5 and am having great difficulty avoiding the spikes.

My main concern here though is 3-13...can somone drop me a tip???

13. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

Never cut the rope. Leave it attached. Once you've grabbed all 3 stars, it'll line up directly above the attached point (via the balloon of course).

14. actionjax08 macrumors newbie

Hey! I didn't expect such a quick response, and I was actually logging back in here to report I JUST figured it out. Exactly what you said, right in front of my face and it took me at least 15 attempts to figure that out (I'm not always the quickest on the draw). What was odd is that I was playing with different ways to adjust the rope before getting the candy in the bubble, I just shot the candy up past the spikes (somehow) and it went in Nom's mouth (no stars, but it made it in Nom's mouth, weird). This game is just sick. Who comes up with this ****??

Thanks for the response. Off to the Gift Box, which will keep me busy for some time.

15. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

No problem, I'm always lingering around. The game goes really fast, but it's fun.

16. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

it is not funny at all if the game be too easy. :)

17. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

On level 4-5, avoiding the spikes is really simple; all you have to do is slide the sliders really quickly from left to right. And I really enjoyed this game, but as others have stated, it was probably too easy and quickly beaten.

18. ano0oj macrumors 6502

YAH i dunnno how to get all 3 on this one

19. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Cut the first rope. Rock the candy by blowing it to get the one in the top corner. Aim carefully to drop it directly blow. Once it attaches to the two ropes at the bottom, cut the top and it will drop and collect the timed star. Cut the rope and you'll drift up. Below it left as it flies by the blower and pop it as it drifts left to collect the star and have it go into the monster's mouth.

Hint: the last star is tricky because the way you have to do it. Press the blower only ONCE. Don't tap tap tap thinking you need a lot of power. Press the blow once then pop it almost immediately after.

20. tagy macrumors regular

Great Game, Anyone explain how to get the top left star on 4.13?

21. actionjax08 macrumors newbie

So it was a really productive day at work...beat Cut The Rope right after lunch! AHAHAA

Tagy, to get that top left star, you have to manage NOT to pop the bubble directly under the wheel. Once the candy is in the bubble, turn the wheel to the dotted circle with the slider so there are two ropes holding the candy in the bubble (this is where you can move left to right and grab the star on the right). Once you have that star, position the slider so you can cut the bottom rope and float the the candy in the bubble through the spikes. Position the slider all the way to the left and cut the rope. It will grab the star and the rope on that big dotted circle. Then pop the bubble and it will swing to the other bubble under Om Nom (just avoid the friggin' spider, which actually isn't much of a hurdle here). Bang...done.

Yeah, I'm a total geek for this game. It's really inventive. I'm debating on picking up Angry Birds. I don't need another addicition. I'll just hang on for more Rope levels!

Anyone able to get the right-most star in 4-7?? Or the first right side star in 4-25 before it disappears? These are the only two stars I can't get in the Gift Box.

22. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Get the bubble in this position:
    [​IMG]

Then cut the rope, making the candy fly to the top to the star. Then pop the bubble to make it swing down to the other bubbly and fly into the mouth.

23. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

4-7 is kind of difficult, because you have to cut the ropes at the right times so that the candy has enough momentum to swing from rope to rope. To get all of the stars in this level, you have to move the candy clockwise. The candy starts tied in a cross-shape with 4 ropes. Cut the top left and bottom right ropes. Then cut the bottom left rope to make it swing and continue going from rope to rope, cutting all of the strings as it traveling clockwise.

24. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

And for the final level, what I did was use the bottom bubble to bring the candy upwards in between both bubbles, but being careful not to pop the bubble on the left (since you'll use it later):
    [​IMG]

When you get the candy to the position of the picture, you pop the balloon to collect the timed-star, and then cut the rope on the right to make the candy swing down and get inside the bubble on the left that you were careful not to use earlier.

25. actionjax08 macrumors newbie

M-5, THANKS for the tip on the final level! Got all three stars!! Still can't get 4-7...that level is ridiculous.