Cutting off Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Eirik1201, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Eirik1201 macrumors newbie

So i have a 2007 model Macbook with a broken screen. And i use it from time to time, even though i have got another laptop. But my question is, can i cut of my laptop screen? I would like to do this in the way that i don't have to close my laptop, but use the laptop keyboard as a keyboard. And sending it to a shop is to damn expensive. Anyone got any tips for this/experience?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can cut it off whenever and however you want, but you won't be able to use it as a keyboard for another computer if that's what you're asking.

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

The only problem I would see is around the wifi antenna. Back in the day of powerbooks and iBooks, the antennae were in the lcd housing. I believe they moved the antenna to the bottom half when the new macbooks came out. I would definitely double check before sawing your mac in half. :eek:

4. Eirik1201 thread starter macrumors newbie

I could not find out where it was... anybody who knows it?

----------

No, not for another. but for it.

5. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Why not just buy a bluetooth or USB keyboard? I assume you're plan is to plug the macbook into an external display and use that rather than it's screen so why not just buy a keyboard as well and save yourself the trouble of hacking your mac apart.

6. iMacC2D, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017