Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonk1183

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2011
I'm giving my 4 to my mom when i get my 4s but she's got an older sim card. i read somewhere a while ago that you can cut a sim to make it fit into a 4. anyone ever do this? easy? safe? thanks

Jonk1183

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2011
Or go to your carrier store and just ask for a micro sim, they are free and usually your in and out in less than 5 mins.

i haven't had to get a new sim card in years but the last time i did they charged me 35.00

Deechh

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
i haven't had to get a new sim card in years but the last time i did they charged me 35.00

I went there 2 weeks ago, just ask politely for a new micro-sim and they should just hand one over.

Atleast that's what they did for me.

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
You will appreciate having a SIM cutter. It's kind of like having a wine bottle without a cork opener when you don't.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
I cut mine. I've had it like that since the iPhone 4 was released and I came from the 3GS. It's easy. Just google micro sim template. Get an exacto knife and a ruler and score the lines a couple times before going all the way through. It'll take you just a couple mins. Pop it in the iPhone 4 and your mom will be happy. Just watch out for the big gold micro chip. It's easy man. No need to spend money on a sim cutter that you'll use once.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
AT&T corporate stores offer them for free

authorized retailers might make you pay.

If they make you pay its $25 but if you call AT&T you'll get it credited to your account.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007

That's if you lose/break your old one. If you need to get a microSIM, they should do it for free. Especially if you're willing to give them your old SIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.