CVS question

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by X1Lightning, Dec 1, 2008.

1. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2007
    i'm trying to find a way to get all the comments committed between tags in a CVS repository. i'm trying to get this figured out how to do this from the command line so i can then do it in ant.

I have dug thru everything i can find on the web, but nothing seems to return the comments for a tag. does anyone have any ideas?
  2. lee1210 macrumors 68040

Jan 10, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    CVS isn't too great for this sort of thing in my experience, and this exercise may be the end of you.

cvs log -l -d "> $numhours hours ago" -N -S 2>&1 | grep -v -e '^RCS' -e '^branch:' -e 'locks:' -e '^access list:' -e '[tg ][thm]rev' -e '^keyword substitution:' -e 'description:' -e '^?' -e '^total revisions:' -e '^head:' -e 'ÿ'
    That is the command in a shell script i use for a similar purpose. $numhours is calculated from passed in arguments. I think you could try to figure out the date/time the tags were made, then use that as the arguments to -d? I'm not sure if there is a more efficient way to do this, but this was enough to push me to move the next version into SVN.

Good luck.