CW app loading issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by shk718, Dec 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. shk718 macrumors 65816

any one having a problem with the CW app tonight? Mine keeps saying "loading" and the wheel spins around but nothing happens. Can't watch the network.

2. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I have that issue frequently. Force quit the app and open it again and it ought to work.

3. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've tried that a few times and it doesn't fix it. CW had all their shows on HULU which worked fine. Now they have that crap app. Thanks CW for nothing

4. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

5. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

I just came here to post about the same exact problem. I thought it was because I've never run the new app before, but it sounds like it's a problem on their end.

I've tried deleting the app, restarting my Apple TV and installing it again, but it still just gets stuck "loading" when I launch it.

What's odd is that the iOS CW app works fine as does the Apple TV CW Seed app.

6. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I was going to suggest to the OP to delete and reinstall the app, but that might not work.

7. daiig macrumors member

having the same problem :\ delete, reinstall, reboot...nothing working

8. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

I had to airplay from my iPad to the Apple TV in order to watch. Grrrrr. When CW was on HULU i never had a problem. Now, even when their own app works it still stinks. You have no idea which shows you've watched and when new shows are posted. Awful app!!

9. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I decided to stop watching the 3-4 CW shows I was watching while it was on Hulu which I have with no commercial. I will catch up when Netflix gets the shows right after the seasons are over (new deal with no commercials).

I think CW made a mistake going this direction. If they want to do this they should offer a pay option with no commercials. I know everyone does not want to pay. But with Hulu (no commercials) and CBS (no commercials) my need for a DVR is greatly reduced. I would love for CW to come back to Hulu. Also, would be nice if I could bundle CBS with Hulu now that they are adding User Profiles (like Netflix). However, I do use WatchAid for a Universal Watch List so really not as important for me now.

I do not mind paying for a quality TV experience without commercials.