CWK File Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RiyaLancer, Oct 12, 2008.

1. RiyaLancer macrumors newbie

I've got several files in CWK format, but now no longer have Apple Works, or any way of opening them. I'm fine using TextEdit for most everything, but still need to have these somehow opened and then saved differently. Any help that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be great. I don't want to buy a program, for only 10 files or less.

Riya

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Normally I'd recommend you purchase iWork because the .cwk files can be converted for use with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint by Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. You could also try http://zamzar.com/ but I don't know the success rate with that conversion method.

3. RiyaLancer thread starter macrumors newbie

It didn't, but I was able to open some in Text Edit and make it work. I've got a question now, and hope someone can help. I've got 2 cwk picture that I need to have opened and resaved as... As jpeg or png. I'm trying to find someone, willing to let me send them and open them to resave and send back.

Nothing about these pictures is wrong. They are maps I made for a book I'm writing, and would be more then a little helpful to have.

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

I've got Appleworks and would be glad to convert them for you......just pm me.....

5. RiyaLancer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll do that.... As soon as it lets me.

6. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Have you got this sorted out yet? Same offer as SBM.

7. RiyaLancer thread starter macrumors newbie

My problem is, it won't let me send PM's.

Edit--
    Ok, it's let me. I'm sending it to the first person now, but will let you know if something falls through.

Thanks so much for offering.