Cyberduck Help [FTP Client for Mac]

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hysterikz, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Hysterikz macrumors newbie

Anyone use this by any chance? I just downloaded and connected to an FTP server. The list of folders and files comes up but every time I download it waits for a second and says download failed! Any suggestions?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I used to, but haven't since I bought Coda. I'll grab it again and see if I can figure something out. You have the latest version, I assume?

You might want to search the trac for your issue to see if it is a known bug with certain network configurations.

3. Hysterikz thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for having a look. Yeah I downloaded the latest version of the software.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I use Cyberduck almost every day and have never had that issue. Are you sure you have access to download files on the server you are connecting to? What about opening up the necessary ports and allowing traffic through your router - do you have to worry about that with your setup? For instance, are you trying to connect via SFTP/SSH or some other potentially picky protocol?

5. Hysterikz thread starter macrumors newbie

I definatley have access to download files, and I did when I was using PC Windows. I don't have to worry about the router or opening up necessary ports. I think it may be some picky protocol but I'm not really sure. To be honest I'm not too great with FTP because it was so simple when I was using Windows.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Are there any other servers you can try with?

7. Hysterikz thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. The guy who's got the FTP that I'm downloading off, said if there's a option to turn off ''Passive'' mode or PASV something like that. I'm not sure :confused:He doesn't run on Mac, so he doesn't know much either lol

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can enable active mode (ie. disable passive mode) on the open connection page in CyberDuck. Just open More Options, then choose Active under Connect Mode.

9. Hysterikz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm still no luck.

I was thinking about running Window Parallels 4.0 anyway. If I do is it possible to download a Windows FTP client for example flashfxp, and use this?

Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it :D

10. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Maybe, but it's really a roundabout way of doing things. You could try Transmission, but I'm not convinced you have an irreparable issue with CyberDuck. Did you try the active connection I suggested?

No, CyberDuck. Do you have anything else to contribute?