cyberduck only works with the root ftp account!!!!

yossim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Hi, I've been using cyberduck with only a few hiccups, but recently, I needed to create an ftp account for one folder. However, whenever I try to log into this new account it refuses to log in!!! I try the main ftp, and it works fine, then I disconnect and try the alternative account. It says that the "login failed" and then keeps prompting me to type in the password- which I do over and over until....well, you get the picture. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks in advance...

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
Have you tried this with another ftp client? I have had this problem with ftp accounts and the problem has seemed to be with the server rather than the ftp client.

Comment

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Some ISPs--like Host Gator--use a different configuration for user created ftp accounts. You create an account "myaccount" but when you use that as your userid and enter password--nothing. Instead you may need "myaccount@yourdomain.com" as the userid. Just a thought as that is how it is with Host Gator for user created accounts.

Comment

yossim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Thank you all very much for your replies. I tried it with both cyberduck and filezilla, and both exhibited the same behavior- the "little" account still doesn't work.

Comment