Cyberduck + SSH - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Karman, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Karman macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm sure i'm not the first one to attempt to ask this question but i'm having major problems connecting to my iPhone using CyberDuck.

I've followed the countless guides all over the internet and it still does not seem to work. However, I think i've figured out the problem, just don't know how to rectify it! Hopefully this is where some of you guys can come in and aid me!

-I open "Cyberduck"
    -I select "Open Connection"
    -I picked "SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol" from the drop-down arrow
    -Server is my IP address ****
    -Port is "22"
    -Username "root"
    -Password "alpine"
    -Then I hit "Connect"

Everytime I keep getting "Network Error: Connection Refused"

Now coming to the ****:

I have an Airport Express hooked up to my 2Wire modem from Bell.
    I set up as best as I could (to be honest I don't know much about this kind of stuff). But i've noticed that for all my wireless products, my IP address are different. For example my computer IP address is somthing like 12.0.1.4 and my iPhone is something like 12.0.1.1. And in both products it says:

Configure iPv4 using DHCP.

So when I open Cyberduck, the IP address must be incorrect. I've tried millions of combinations, I don't know which IP address to use.

Does anybody know anything about this!!!???

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

How are you locating the IP of your phone? (btw giving us your IP doesn't really put you in any danger since all network IP's are not the same, mine is 10.0.1.x) Anywho, do you have Open SSH installed on your phone? Is it turned on? I use SBSettings with Open SSH for easy access to many things on the iPhone. Are you running a similar setup?

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Is it listed under Bonjour? My iPhone used to be listed under there for some reason.

4. Karman thread starter macrumors newbie

lol I didn't know that about IP address. Yes mine has a similar setup as you 10.0.1.x.

Yes I have open SSH installed and it was turned on through SBSettings

for my iPhone I go into Settings...WiFi and click on the blue arrow which shows me my IP address and etc...

5. Karman thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea how to check that...or what it does :eek:

6. Karman thread starter macrumors newbie

BUMP! :confused:

Can anyone please help me with this!!!???