Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Our daughter’s Apple Watch is on Family Setup.

In Settings on her watch, in Cycle Tracking, it says ‘Setup Cycle Tracking on iPhone’.

In the Health app on the iPhone her watch is paired to, under Sharing, I don’t see any cycle information.

If I setup Cycle Tracking in the Health app, will it then allow use of this function on my daughter’s watch?

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
Our daughter’s Apple Watch is on Family Setup.

In Settings on her watch, in Cycle Tracking, it says ‘Setup Cycle Tracking on iPhone’.

In the Health app on the iPhone her watch is paired to, under Sharing, I don’t see any cycle information.

If I setup Cycle Tracking in the Health app, will it then allow use of this function on my daughter’s watch?
Are...are you trying to track your daughter's menstrual cycles via Family Sharing?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Are...are you trying to track your daughter's menstrual cycles via Family Sharing?
no, they're not
the daughter is trying to track, but the watch is on family setup, which is not the same family sharing. Family setup allows you to have a watch for someone who doesn't have a phone. The watch is lightly tied to a phone since you need one to activate it, but they're not paired in the normal way.

to the OP... you can't do it.
from the apple help page about family setup

The following features and apps are not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Audiobooks, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

Reactions: StealthRider

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
no, they're not
the daughter is trying to track, but the watch is on family setup, which is not the same family sharing. Family setup allows you to have a watch for someone who doesn't have a phone. The watch is lightly tied to a phone since you need one to activate it, but they're not paired in the normal way.

to the OP... you can't do it.
from the apple help page about family setup

Correct, I want my daughter to be able to track her cycles. Since it’s not possible to do via Family Setup, I then tried installing one of the cycle tracking apps but don’t see a way to add 3rd party apps via Family Setup - am I missing a way to do this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.