Cycling activity

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eothain79, Jul 16, 2015.

1. eothain79 macrumors newbie

Hello! I would like ti know if i'm the only one having this problem:

I noticed that if i do an indoor cycling activity it adds steps to my setp count during the cycling.

I had a chat with the support about it and they say it's not correct and that i sould reset my watch.

Anyone that has the same problem??

Thanks, have a nice day.

2. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I'm struggling a bit with the whole cycling thing as well. I've been a Fitbit user for about 1.5 years, and I'm about to switch to the Apple Watch (might keep my Fibit One for sleep tracking though). The FitBit kind of stinks for cycling as well. It's supposed to remove your steps that overlap with your cycling time, but that has never worked for me. It records my cycling as steps and as cycling.

I know there are third party apps that are better for cycling and that have Apple Watch apps. Some of them can push data to the Apple Health app, but of course the Health app will probably still log the steps. I bike for transportation as well as for fitness though, so I'm never going to be one to hit the record-my-ride button every time I get on the bike. So far I do it only for fitness rides, and I let the rest of my cycling get counted as steps. In the end I still get a general idea of my activity level over a given period of time. I'm not training for a competition, so I'm okay with the stats being a little off here and there.

Sean