Cycling distance 8.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by prism, Mar 10, 2015.

1. prism macrumors 6502a

Health app cycling distance still broken after piece of cr@p 8.2 update. In case you wondered :-o

2. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Every bug and annoyance is still present in this update.

3. prism thread starter macrumors 6502a

So basically it was a marketing update to incite you to buy the Awatch. Soon they will start crippling features that will only work if you purchase the watch.

4. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

No, of course they won't soon start turning off features unless you have a watch. That is ridiculous on so many levels.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Check the other threads as there is actually a number of bug fixes in 8.2 So far smooth sailing on iPhone 6.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

What exactly is broken? I opened the Health App and see my cycling distance just fine. The data is provided by Cyclemeter which I run for every ride.

7. prism thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yes there's nothing builtin the iPhone to record cycling

9. Ries macrumors 68000

Apple promised that the M8 could tell that you are cycling and log the distance (see september 2014 apple event on the M8). It logs steps, flights of stairs and distance, but cycling never happened, guess apple just swept that under the carpet.

10. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

It does but you need an app for it, it will show up in health as long as the app was built for HealthKit

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have taken a longer route but it still works. I use a Garmin attached to my bar and after the ride sync with Garmin Express. Garmin is linked with MyFitnessPal and Strava. Those apps collect my ride data for calories and ride analysis then feed into the health app. It would be nicer if my phone was the central point since its in my jersey pocket but I have trusted the Garmin for a long time and its resistant to rain. My phone is in a ziplock during most of the ride.