Cycorder crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by diabloz, Nov 18, 2008.

1. diabloz macrumors newbie

My Cycorder app suddenly keeps crashing upon launch. Tried reinstalling and restarting my phone.

It all started when I tried following this guide so I could take the videos off my phone. I got to step 8 where you create the symbolic link to the public folder of air sharing and then just decided to SSH the videos from my mac since I didn't know how to rename folders as described in the last step. Now it keeps crashing. Help?

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I had this problem with Poof.I dont know if when I SSHed into my phone I messed something up but it would crash over and over and over like 40 times so I reinstalled it then uninstalled it and finally had to restore and rejailbreak because I couldnt get to my hidden apps lol.

3. swpark macrumors newbie

I also have a 32GB IPHONE 3GS, I installed cycorder 0.9-6 via Cydia, but it doesn't work correctly. I tried to fix the permission of /var/mobile/Media/Video as 755 and mobile/mobile user/group. Even I tried to create the Video symbolic link following (http://josephhall.org/nqb2/index.php/2009/01/16/cycordercrashing), but I can't run Cycorder. Once it starts it goes to home screen. I think this problem is only for 3GS? I hope saurik has to look at this issue. Thank you.

4. vcuozzo macrumors newbie

Cycorder Crashing

Hello,

has anyone found a fix to this problem? I have tried everything and cannot fix Cycorder from crashing on startup. I tried uninstalling and nothing. I even tried removing Air Share completely with no results. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

5. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Cycorder will not run on 3GS as it has built in video ! It's built to run on 3G only. The developer wont fix it for 3GS as it makes no sense. A 3GS does built in video at 30 fps, Cycorder can only do 15 fps.

For those of you wanting a simple way to get Cycorder videos off 3G, install PPVideoEnabler from Cydia. Check the top box. Then your Cycorder videos will sync to iPhoto so it's easy to get them onto computer. Use iSquint to convert them for use as videos in iTunes.

6. ttrtilley macrumors newbie

Camcorder that works in the background?

Cycorder records video from the camera even when put in the background. The built in Camera stops recording when backgrounded.

This is a good reason to want to run Cycorder on a 3gs.
    Some apps, when backgrounded, record video of what is on the screen. Interesting, but not what I want.

I can find no camcorder app that works properly in the background.