Cycorder tip if you value your movies...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sparky9292, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Ok, I was taking a nice cute video of my son on Cycorder. However in the middle of the video, I got a call from someone.

Well, Cycorder doesn't play nice, and proceeded to corrupt my video. So if you are taking a video, keep em short, or turn on Airplane Mode before you run Cycorder. Would be nice if Cycorder did that for you.:confused:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Making note again, b/c the same happened to me awhile back...:eek:

3. xylor macrumors newbie

4. xylor macrumors newbie

For those wondering how to use this script, here you go:

Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script (repair_cycorder_mov.zip) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.

5. hobspain macrumors member

hobspain

It definitely works!. It just recovered a 1.6 GB video flawlessly and really fast!. I just donated for your excellent work.

And yes, the audio sync is always happening for long videos. If you could fix it you'd make a terrific tool I've been searching for ages.

6. msoranno macrumors newbie

Hi Xylor, i hope you to be OK...

I tried to use your script, and a new file .mov was created but still can not see anything... the output to the console that the script shows is this:

debhost:/home/masm/Desktop/mov# ./repair_cycorder_mov.py -v P1050299.mov patty.mov
    Type: 'tadm', size: 414255800
    debhost:/home/masm/Desktop/mov#

and that's it...... I already pay almost six euros to be able to download the script from the rapidshare host, and i do not care to pay six more and donate to you but please tell me... Am i doing something wrong ?...

as you can see my e-mail is: msoranno@gmail.com...

thanks a lot.