Cycorder trouble

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Spyderz20x6, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Spyderz20x6 macrumors newbie

Hey guys!
    First post here. So, i'm really new to this whole modding iPhones thing, and i had mine jailbroken and unlocked in a shop. It's the latest firmware. I installed Cycorder, because i need video recording, but it crashes upon opening. Then, i tried downloading Video recorder. Same thing. Then, I downloaded a different app from the app store. Same thing. No camcorder based app works on my iPhone 3G!

Help me out here...

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Try Qik its really good for video recording on the iPhone 3G

3. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

You might have better luck getting answers to your question by posting in the "iPhone Hacks" subforum. That portion of the iPhone forum is reserved for posts regarding jailbroken iPhones, and the members who frequent that area of the site will probably be able to help you more than those of us who aren't jailbreakers can.

-Don

4. Granitel, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

Granitel macrumors member

I'm faithfully trying to resolve the same problem, without having to resort to downgrading the iPhone 3G from iOS 4.x backward to iOS 3.x.

Since I'm also brand new to Apple (and to this forum), I am reading all I can on this Cycorder flash-then-crash problem which I reported earlier in this thread (where I will update it with the results):
    - Why would Cycorder simply flash black & blank out on a jailbroken Ios4.x iPhone 3G?

I like the fact that this thread at least suggests a new option, Qik, which doesn't require downgrading the operating system.

I'll explore Qik and report back what I find (so that we all benefit by the task of finding the best solution without resorting to downgrading the iOS).

5. Granitel, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

Granitel macrumors member

Drat!

While Qik is apparently a solution that doesn't require downgrading the iOS, unfortunately
    "QiK Video Camera Pro" is apparently payware.

The goal is (in this order):
    a) Find and or fix what is wrong with Cycorder (not likely we'll be successful on that endeavor)
    b) Find an alternative freeware application that does work with iOS 4.x (still working on this)
    c) Find a payware application that works with iOS 4.x (looks like Qik will work)
    d) Downgrade the operating system (which is a solution of last resort)

I'll keep looking ... but ... may I ask for help ...

Q: What alternative freeware video recorder works on the jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G with iOS 4.x installed?

[​IMG]