Cydai problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Simm0nS777, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Lately when I load cydia, while its updating, I get a bunch of errors: Cached Failure, Refreshing Failure, Unable to reach host. Then when I try to go to changes the loading changes thing comes up and it just keeps going like that until I get out of the app and never goes to the changes section. What do I do?!?! Ive restarted and everything multiple times. Dont wanna restore obv because Ill lose the jailbreak.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

some of the cached and Host error are usually due to the repo being down, or server overload, waiting for a lighter traffic usually solve the issue.

However if you are sure that those repo are gone or you "must" get rid of the error immediately you can remove those repo from the cydia.list file.

Using your favorite file explore (iFile, iPhone Explorer, iPhoneDisk, DiskAid, WinSP, Cyberduck, console SSH, etc).. navigate to Root/etc/apt/source.list.d/ directory.

inside you will find several files, open "cydia.list"

edit it, remove all the problematics repo (or any that you may had missed spell). saved and done.

You should refresh cydia and all error should be gone.

3. Black Vegeta macrumors member

I had the same problem, just follow this Youtube vid and you'll be good to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gzGpkWytvU&feature=youtube_gdata_player