General Cydia 1.1.10 released

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jun 12, 2014.

1. thadoggfather, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014

thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

https://www.facebook.com/Cydia/posts/10152485983689872

The invasive updating packages banner being gone and now built into sources list instead looks fantastic! Take a look at that facebook post and let me know what you think, especially if you make the leap with success :D

..also noted, recents tab, and no longer the need for statusbarfix, and removal of categories. And a new icon designed by ayecon/ayeris creator Surenix but I don't see it since I'm on gleam theme.

[​IMG]

..I'm slightly apprehensive to install since it just got released (and because on 7.1b2 on both iDevices -- but if any league of extraordinary gentlemen could give it a whirl and confirm it works without breaking stuff)

EDIT: fear no more works beautifully!

2. thenewone macrumors member

Working great here! iP5 iOS 7.0.6

I love the "recents" tab for installed packages! Also was finally able to remove Statusbarfix, as this Cydia update solves that issue as well!

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Oh man I love this!

Just took the leap, uninstalled statusbarfix and works!

Love the recents tab too instead of taking screenshots should an updated tweak botch something, wayyyyyy easier to narrow down.

Ultimately I went for it when someone on reddit had success on i4/7.1.1.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Cool, updated and works fine. iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.

Love how saurik broke out the manage tab. Having a "Recents" tab is going to make it much easier finding problem tweaks. And it appears he's killed off the categories tab, which I never used.

5. thadoggfather, Jun 12, 2014

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Ah man! i5+6.1 little bit jealous! I miss it (if for no other reason than raw performance, a significantly better music app sort structure, zephyr and cyqueue)

6. rutiger macrumors regular

to update the 4 cydia packages it says it needs to remove foldericons and evasion? i'm not running the update until i understand why it's saying that.

7. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Don't blame you. It did not prompt me to do that either. What version/device are you on? Respring/reboot and see if it shows the same thing?

8. rutiger, Jun 12, 2014

rutiger macrumors regular

perhaps it's due to me faking my ios version in order for my work email to remain working (they mandate you be on the latest ios). i've noticed doing that prevents a few apps in cydia from showing as compatible with my ios ver.

*that was the issue. changed systemver plist back to 7.0.4 and it ran fine. now have to change back to 7.1.1 so my corp email will work again ;)

9. thadoggfather, Jun 12, 2014

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

If you spoof it late in the game, possibly.

I remember I spoofed 7.1b2 to 7.0.4 and that build number but cydia still held onto the 7.1 version since I didn't do it til quite a bit after fiddling and installing. When it was still being signed early this year (that beta IPSW) I re restored and spoofed ASAP and cydia reflects 7.0.4 at the bottom still with no issues. YMMV.

Could also be the version of evasi0n7 wasn't updated to be compatible with 7.0.6 and that build at time if using it even though same exploits and it might try to remove evasi0n any time you update tweaks.

when jail breaking a family members 7.0.6 replacement phone initially it didn't recognize it due to not having that post-7.0.6 evasi0n7 tool

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

11. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

+1 and plus one!

12. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

13. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

It's great. Just a shame the search still sucks

14. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Great improvements. I actually do use the “Sections” part, but it was more of a one-time thing where I turned off all the theming sections so they don’t show up. Being able to toggle sections on a per-source basis is even better, because now I can, for example, turn on every section in rpetrich’s repo so I see everything he makes.

I concur that search still leaves something to be desired. The ability to sort by number of downloads, or for users to rates tweaks and/or leave comments would be nice, but maybe infeasible.

It would also be nice to have a way to see recently updated tweaks, not just recently released ones.

Another thing that’s been bugging me for a while, is I would kind of like for Cydia to ask for authentication (ie. a password) when I go to install a tweak.