Cydia and random installed packages

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ralta123, May 26, 2012.

1. ralta123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, had a question about some of the preinstalled packages on Cydia.

Just a bit of background:
    Im using an iPhone 4s and was previously jailbroken on 5.0.1. however earlier today I restored and updated to 5.1.1 then jailbroke again.

The problem:
    I noticed some weird pre-installed packages in Cydia which were not previously installed on my 5.0.1 jailbreak.

Heres a pic of a list of packages I don't recognise:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/cydiaj.png/
    [click to zoom in for clearer image]

I am certain most of these packages were not present before my new jailbreak.

So the real question, do they pose a harm in any way shape or for to my phone? I also don't want unnecessary packages in case it affects battery life or slows down my phone.
    Is it okay do remove most, if not all these packages without somehow 'breaking' cydia or the jailbreak?(there are way more preinstalled packages then i had before even with my own installed tweaks on 5.0.1)

Please note:
    - i havent added any sources/repos yet
    - i havent installed any cydia packages/tweaks yet
    - i updated through official absinthe 2.0 on PC
    - i took pics of packages/sources before and after jailbreak, update and restore to make my life easier in order to find and reinstall the tweaks i had beforehand - so im certain most of there packages were not there

Thanks in advance

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Those are preinstalled with Cydia. Don't delete any of those unless you know what you're doing. It will mess up your phone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Don't touch them dude.
    They're there for a reason, you start removing stuff you're not supposed to you will have problems and will need a restore.