Cydia and Rock keep crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mastermind-, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mastermind- macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

I hope I'm in the right place here, since I need some help.
    Since a few months Ive jailbroken my device (iPod Touch 3g),
    it worked like a charm for 2 months or so, until I got the problem that Cydia crashes after a minute or so using it. It just closes to SpringBoard.

Now I started to use Rock and that worked pretty for a few days too.
    Now its just the fact that it starts crashing too, If I'm lucky to SpringBoard, but Rock mostly just crashes my whole iPod, making it trying to reboot. And believe me, having Rock crash when your hours away from being able to hook it up to your PC again to reboot it with blackra1n, is NOT fun! (Damn I can't wait for the UnTethered jailbreak!)

Since a few days Cydia also started to give three errors (all the same) that a cache could not be downloaded from a repo. Tough after this error I can still use Cydia until it crashes.

Also I keep getting annoyed of the long loading time of the apps, I hears Icy is way better in this, is this true, why would or wouldn't you recommend it. Also were would I get it since it's not in the Blackra1n app.

Now how would I fix my Cydia and Rock problems?

Also if I both uninstall rock and cydia trough the Blackra1n app, would I lose all my Jailbroken apps.

Also what do you guys think? Deal with the slow Cydia or the crappy Rock install method? What would you do and why?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Mastermind

2. Mastermind- thread starter macrumors newbie

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

removing rock and cydia will not remove all your apps.

don't use rock with cydia they tend to clash, cydia is the preferred installer by most jailbrakers as it uses a much more stable way to install apps

4. Mastermind- thread starter macrumors newbie

And do you Think my problems would be over when I reinstall Cydia and rome Rock?

Thanks for you reply!!

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You cannot successfully re-install Cydia over an existing Cydia app, it will not be successful and require a restore.

If (big if) you can get Cydia completely removed, then you can re-install it.

6. Mastermind- thread starter macrumors newbie

Will my problems be gone when I just remove Rock?

7. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

FWIW, I've been running Cydia and Rock on my 3G with 3.1.2 since 3.1.2 came out. No problems.