Cydia and SHSH issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, May 7, 2011.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I just opened the latest version of Tinyumbrella 4.33.00 and tried saving my 4.3.3 blobs.
    It wouldnt download the 4.3.3 version.
    Once I went into advanced on TU and then uncheck the box "request SHSH from Cydia" then it does pull the 4.3.3 SHSH from Apple.
    But the problems is it doesnt save/transfer a copy to cydias server it just saves it on the hard drive.
    This is good but why doesnt it work like it used to where it saves it on both C: drive and cydias server?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I've noticed this too. There is probably still little issues with Suarik's server.

3. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

I've been having the same issue for weeks. Actually Cydia hasn't shown SHSH for me since 4.2.1, but I have them saved locally for every subsequent version except 4.3.3.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

There have been tweets that cydia SHSH are having problems. First the thing with amazon going down and then apple blocked cydias servers so he needs to relocate which I haven't heard happened yet.

It is an inconvenience to have to remember to grab them straight from apple after every release but that's all we have right now.

5. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see, thank you all for the input.
    I heard Sema is working on a way to upload the saved shsh blobs from your hard drive to cydias server.
    But having to do that each time kinda sucks. Hope it goes back to the way it worked before.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Thanks for the warning. It is an inconvenience, but I'll take my blobs any way I can get them.

7. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Strange, all my 4.3+ blobs showed up in Cydia this morning. I nabbed the 4.3.3 blob yesterday using TU.

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Snafu

Actually Apple never blocked Cydia's servers and the amazon crash came after that, in between downloading of the SHSH's was possible.

Twitter
    "saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
    My SHSH proxy (which has never been run off of EC2) had a simple code sync SNAFU keeping it from saving "new" blobs. :( This has been fixed.
    19 Apr"

TU has all my blobs accept 4.3.3 which i saved locally, it confirms Cydia has the others, although they don't show up on Cydia, which is normal as Notcom mentions on his website and in TU.

It looks like Cydia has same SNAFU as with 4.3.2, which Saurik had fixed quickly though.