Cydia app reviews

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrock2004, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

One thing I have noticed with the Cydia app store is there is nothing to review apps. Is there an app I can install that I can look up reviews? Also what is the best way to see new apps that hit the app store? Thanks

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

For the latest/updated apps, go to the middle icon at the bottom of cydia. That's how I discover new apps.

3. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that is what I have been doing. Not sure if there was an app that maybe did a little better job

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Is there an app for the Apple store that notifies you of new apps? I'm guessing that Cydia is pretty much a one man job, so enhancements like that are probably a long time coming. However, it can't hurt to ask saurik about it.

5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Yes. It's called AppShopper and I use it daily. (Free or 99 cent ad removal.)

6. lanulos, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

lanulos macrumors regular

Actually there are tons of those "App-apps". AppShopper is a good one; others I use are AppFree, appsfire, Appsmart, appbzr, and AppButler

EDIT: Another fun thing to do: in the Apple AppStore, go to Categories, select a category, and then select "Release Date" at the top. This lists the very most recent apps that just came out. Some of them are truly bizarre. And some are released free at first that will later be charged for.