Cydia App Shows Constant Available Update

jthomp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
the 717
Not sure whats going on, but cydia seems to always show an update for one of my installed apps. No matter what I do, I can't clear it. I can successfully update the app, return to cydia, then as soon as it refreshes, it shows that there is an available update. I'm not sure what to try, maybe a full uninstall reinstall of the app. I've already tried rebooting and that doesn't seem to fix it.. Any ideas?

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Not sure whats going on, but cydia seems to always show an update for one of my installed apps. No matter what I do, I can't clear it. I can successfully update the app, return to cydia, then as soon as it refreshes, it shows that there is an available update. I'm not sure what to try, maybe a full uninstall reinstall of the app. I've already tried rebooting and that doesn't seem to fix it.. Any ideas?
It has been packaged incorrectly by the repo so when Cydia compares versions it thinks it's a newer version. Not the programs fault.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
In Cydia, click on Changes, then click on the box in the upper right corner (modify/upgrade i think it's called). I don't think they show at the top of the changes list anymore

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
mine does something similar to this. it says there is an update, but when i go to changes it just stays at loading changes, never actually going into changes folder. why?