Cydia App similar to App Drawer in Android

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jason2811, Jan 9, 2011.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Is there an app in Cydia that is similar to the functionality of the App Drawer in Android? The one thing that I hate about iOS is that the only place you can put your apps is on one of the homescreens (or a folder on the homescreen). In Android, all of your apps go to an "app drawer" and you can then put the ones you want on your homescreen. And the apps that you hardly every use are alphabetized in the app drawer. Very similar to the Applications folder in OSX and the app shortcuts in the dock and desktop. Is there a way to do this with a jailbroken iPhone? Thanks.

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I don't know anything about Android, so this is a serious question:

What's the difference between an "App drawer" and an "App folder", especially if you can dump unlimited Apps into it with Infinifolders?

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

The drawer just lists all applications on the Phone, from A-Z

4. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you use OSX, think of it as the Applications folder. The Applications folder on OSX lists all the apps on your computer from A-Z. Then you move a copy of your most frequented apps onto your dock (or desktop). This is what I mean.
    example: http://www.breakandmake.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Droid-X-App-Drawer.png

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

There are plenty of apps that enumerate the applications in this way, though I don't think I've heard of one that actually allows launching.

6. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Care to elaborate or recommend any?

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I was just saying I know that it's possible, though I don't know that anyone has done it to do what you want.

For example, SBSettings does it when it chooses an app to hide. Categories used to do this as well when choosing applications to put in a folder.

8. Sixth Street macrumors member

There is a Cydia app that has an alphabetical list of all apps in the spotlight page. That's probably as close as you'll get, but unfortunately, I completely forgot the name of the app. I believe it's also a paid app.

Hopefully someone can post after me with the name. It looked pretty good when I came across it but I realized that I didn't need the functionality.

9. TJone macrumors 6502a

ListLauncher - it does look good but I have not tried it.

10. AikoNation macrumors newbie

11. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Or to avoid downloading another tweak you can create an activator menu with a list of all of your apps and put them in alphabetical order and set it for triple click of home button. I have mine for double click home button and then triple click is to open the app switcher.

I love activator menus.

12. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Can you explain how you did this?

13. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Yes in the activator settings it's under menus. You click on add new menu and then one by one you add all of the apps that you want in the menu. If it's downloaded apps from the App Store or Cydia it will be under "user applications" all the way at the bottom under all of the different toggles, but you can also add all of the system apps like music, calculator, compass and so on.

It's a little tedious because you have to put them in alphabetical order yourself. Or you can put them in whichever order you want. If you have a few apps you use often, but don't want them on your dock you can put those at the top of your menu and then do the rest alphabetically. After that initial setup it's pretty easy though. Whenever you download an app just go back into the menu and add that one app and you can put it wherever in the menu you want it.

A few things for you all to know:

After you update an app it will remove it from the menu until you either respring or restart your phone. I don't like respringing because it messes up my usage, so I just turn it off and back on, simple as that.

As far as I can tell, there is unlimited number of apps that can fit in a menu.
    I've had 100+ at one point.

You can also add toggles to the menu. Bluetooth, wifi, airplane, etc.

I have a menu for my sleep button that includes power down, reboot, respring and safe mode.

There are all sorts of things you can do with the activator menus. You can have multiple menus for multiple categories of apps, but I choose to have one large menu with all of my apps and one power menu for short hold of my sleep button.

I also choose to hide ALL of my apps and use the one menu and other activator gestures to access everything. I hate icons on my springboard. I don't even have icons on my dock. If you have sbsettings, springtomize or lockdown pro installed, you can hide your apps. I only had lockdown pro installed and as a precautionary setting you can't hide certain system apps like the phone and Cydia so I had to download poof to do that. I used to use springtomize with my 4s and it hides ALL apps.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask.

If you are looking for a way to declutter your springboard or have a menu access to apps, I really recommend using activator menus because it's a tweak that we all have on our phones already and it works really well.

----------

Whoa sorry, I didn't realize how old this thread was lol

14. HankHowdy, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Cydia App similar to App Drawer in Android

I'm only able to put one app per action.

Never mind. I figured it out. This is nice. I'm able to uninstall NCSettings and triple click to all my common toggle/settings. Sweet.

15. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Go back to the menu and click "add action" again and keep adding them, it should work.