Cydia app Store for jailbroken iPhones- will it work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0mat0, Mar 6, 2009.

1. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123629876097346481.html
    WSj talks about potential store(s) springing up to offer applications for iPhones, Touchs outside of Apple's grasp.

Will Apple respond by firmly warning companies they can't have their pie and eat it, and say either go through them or be barred from the iTunes app store?

And wouldn't those who've jailbroken, be more likely to just download free cracked apps anyhow?

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

People still crack the paid apps in cydia right now... Having an "App store" is just going to organize those apps.

3. theevilone macrumors member

After the last statement by apple about jailbreaking, I think apple will work on anti-jailbreaking which will slow down any 3rd party apps. Look how long a 3g unlock took by dev team. I think Apple has started to write unbreakable code for the next version on Verizon.

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Looky here, we have us another delusional post about a non-existent Verizon iPhone.

5. ian-frs macrumors 6502

ian-frs

Along with the mythical uncrackable software.

6. siorai macrumors 6502

The Cydia app store will definitely work. There's no reason why it wouldn't. The one thing that it will do really, really well in fact is bring down Apple's wrath upon jailbreaking. Right now, Apple dislikes jailbreaking because it goes against their wishes. They want to stop it, but it's not a critical priority simply because it does not hurt their bottom line. The Cydia app store will potentially pull money away from Apple or in the very least it will appear to do so to Apple's eyes. If the Cydia app store goes live, expect Apple to ramp up it's anti-jailbreaking efforts 100-fold.

7. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

when i first heard about the cydia app store i thought the same thing. creating a cydia app store is a surefire way to get apples attention, in a bad way.

8. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

although there isn't a verizon iphone and hopefully there never will be one haha could you even unlock it? w/o sim cards can cdma use other companies phones?

9. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

CDMA really is old technology. Verizon is planning to switch to GSM, until then, you guys will have to wait.

10. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

wrong thread?

wrong info.