Cydia App Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tctony, Nov 14, 2009.

1. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

The point of this thread is for you to post what you want your phone to do, and then somebody can come in and suggest an app if they know one that does/comes close to what you want. Think of it like a FAQ for Cydia apps. I will also try to keep this first post updated if an app is found.

I'll start:

App to scroll up and down instead of side to side on springboard? (Infiniboard)

Any app to remove the update-badges from apps like Cydia and AppStore?

2. foob macrumors 6502

foob

There was a command line tool for 2.x by Erica Sadun called badgenum which did this but it doesn't work for 3.0. It's on my wishlist for a while, but I've looked and can't find anything.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I want to be able to use the home button to answer a call.

4. sjdigital macrumors regular

+1

5. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Haha massive bump!

In other news, the first request from my OP has since been answered.

6. idevSteve macrumors member

To my knowledge the home button isn't a programmable option that Apple allows.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Of course it isn't. That's why it'd be a Cydia app.

8. ifruitfly macrumors member

as for the badges, there's a tweek for that (i hate the badges too). but i cant tell you the name bc my phone is back behind bars...

as for the home button to answer calls, the creator of "activator" (i hope i am recalling the name correctly -- the app that comes with backrounder) should be able to make that happen i think. and if not him, it seems very doable based on the aforementioned.

9. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

this may be a noob question but what's the BEST app for changing your SMS ringtone to custom (chimes) ringtones?

And is it possible to have a custom ringtone of each SMS contact if I chose to?

10. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

there is no specific "app" you just download sms tone themes, then activate via winterboard, or you SSH .caf files onto your iphone and replace the default sms sounds with your own.

And no, you can only have one sms tone for everyone, not a customizable one for each contact.