Cydia App That Allows Audio Out While Video Plays

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jthomp, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jthomp macrumors regular

Here goes.. I tried to post this in another forum/thread, but never had any luck, so I'll try again...

I connect my iPhone to my Alpine (iPod/iPhone compatible) headunit via the Alpine-to-iPhone cable. I installed the "NoAccessorySplash" Cydia app that allows me full control when i'm connected to the HU. What i'm after now, if it even exists, is a way to play either mobile video/youtube videos while the phone is connected. So, i'd like to be able to watch a video, movie, whatever on my phones screen with the phone in it's little dock, and have the audio come through the car's speakers. Is this possible? It seems that it is "blocked" whenever the dock connector is attached. If anyone knows of an app or even something that sounds like what I'm after, please let me know! Thanks!

2. Truckondo macrumors member

Does your unit support bluetooth audio? That's how I get my audio from videos (pretty much anything that's on phone) to play on my Kenwood unit.

3. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Remove the noaccessorysplash and try... I had issues when I had it.

4. jthomp thread starter macrumors regular

No, no bluetooth on the headunit. I never thougth to try that, as with my current HU that's not possible... I may have to look into that...

Well, as of the other day, my iPhone no longer works with my headunit after i updated to 4.2.1. From what i've gathered, it's a 4.2.1 issue. Apple blames Alpine, Alpine blames Apple. So, i'm stuck not being able to use my phone anyway.