Cydia app to disable home button?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Orlandu, May 25, 2012.

1. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Is there a cydia app/mod that allows you to disable the home button in all or even just certain apps? I let my 2 sons play with my phone but occasionally they switch to other apps that aren't designed for kids. If I could disable the home button and make it require a unique click or touch pattern to unlock, that would help.

Anyone know of something like this? Is it something that Activator can do?

2. Orlandu thread starter macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Well, nobody seemed to know anything but there were 400 views so obviously other people are interested in this. I'll share what I found after some more extensive searching.

You can download IncarcerApp from Cydia and put certain apps "in jail" that will deactivate the home button and other things like notifications, etc. You have to put the app in jail by pressing the specified button combination or area and then get it out of jail by using the same method.

It's free and is available for iPhone and iPad.

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I think *most* people are consumed right now in Jailbreaking their device and not really focusing on applications/tweaks related manners right now. That's what I'm taking out of it. ;)

Anyhow, I'm glad you got your issue worked out. Thanks for sharing the info.