Cydia app to launch other apps at a given time?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Baggy Spandex, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Hello!

Just wondering if there was any alarm clock style app that would launch another app at a given time. I would love to be able to set my XM app to launch in the morning. Gotta have my Opie and Anthony in the AM, lol.

I asked this in the regula iPhone app section, but I figured I'd try in here also just in case there's any Cydia solution since I'm also JB'd.

Thanks!

2. Baggy Spandex thread starter macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Hmmm...no luck, huh?

I thought for sure something like this would exist, given the popularity of apps like Pandora.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IScheduler is what you are looking for, look it up on cydia, you can Scheduale any app to launch at any time you want.

It also allow you to schedule a bunch of other event, like on/off, turn on/off service, etc.

[​IMG]

4. Baggy Spandex thread starter macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

O...M...G...

You are my hero! Exactly what I needed! Thanks so much.

5. Baggy Spandex thread starter macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Just to update. Downloaded the trial and now making a purchase. Well worth the money!

For anyone interested, you can set any app to open at any time, any day. Useful for me as I can now set XM to come on whenever I want automatically, and also launch my RSS apps so they're updated right when I wake up. It's really cool and works awesome. The phone unlocks itself and launches apps perfectly smooth!

You can also set certain toggles on and off at any given time (wifi, 3g, push etc...) and create profiles for certain times of the day.

A+ IMO. A little pricey at $8, but well worth it as it seems there's no alternative, and the Devs need to get paid!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I actually think that $8 is pretty inexpensive for all it does, I was pretty happy when i found it (considering that is what you paid for maybe 1 beer on a bar any Thursday night)