iPod touch Cydia app to remove junk files?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jman298, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jman298 macrumors newbie

So, my ipod touch is only 8gb and getting cluttered with leftover junk files from previous firmwares and deleted apps, especiall deleted 3rd party apps. A full restore does not delete these junk files so i am asking, is there an app that would delete junk files or do i have to browse the filesystem and find and delete them myself? Thanks in advanced

2. The General macrumors 601

To which junk files are you referring? A full restore deletes everything. What makes you think it doesn't delete junk files? What makes you think there are junk files on your iPod?

3. Jman298 thread starter macrumors newbie

What i mean by junk files are miscellaneous files that are left over sometimes when deleting an app, usually 3rd party apps. Like for example, installing an app from cydia, realizing it was stupid, and deleting it, sometimes a folder or text file or something will be left over, thats what i mean by junk files.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

App Store apps don't leave behind junk. Have you ever sized up the files left behind by Cydia apps? In they are very very small. In total, probably no more than 10 megabytes. Hardly something to worry about.

5. Jman298 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i will not worry about it then, just found them annoying that they are there. Thanks again intell