cydia apps not working!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lakshi, Jun 23, 2010.

1. lakshi macrumors regular

Hi, i updated my factory unlocked iphone 3G to 4.0 and activated it through itunes. I then jailbroke it with redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3, but since then i've been having problems. I installed cycorder and mxtube via cydia, but when i open these apps, phone shows a black window and then goes back to the homescreen....can anyone help me out?

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Many of the Cydia apps are not compatible with iOS 4.0. Check the developer's website to see if they say it's iOS 4.0 compatible.

3. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm..thanks for letting me know, i was happier with 3.1.2

4. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Yep. I spend all night getting the Pwnage jailbreak to finally work with my 3GS and iOS 4.0. That all works and MyFi doesn't work nor does PDAnet. So my iPad won't tether. I'm hoping that this doesn't take long to get updated. I haven't really found a good reason to upgrade to iOS 4.0 if you have a 3GS, 3G or 2G.

Multitasking - only for apps designed to work with multi-tasking. Not many, that's for sure.

Folders - nice, but not worth the aggravation.

Custom springboard - if you've jailbroken, we've had that for quite some time.

Better Mail - don't see it personally.

iBooks - nice on the iPad - iPhone is too small.

All-in-all, you're currently better off with a jailbroken 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. Once you do upgrade, you can go down, but I was never able to get my carrier support back. Unless you're crazy, like me, wait a while longer before upgrading.

5. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

I just wanted to know, can i downgrade to 3.1.3 after upgrading to 4.0 and baseband 05.13.04?