Cydia apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Baker988, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Baker988 macrumors member

I apologize for all the threads but I am pretty new at the whole iphone thing. Anyways I was wondering after I install a package or app from cydia what do I do? I guess what I am asking is how do I use it or run it? Or does it do that on its own?

Thanks

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You need Winterboard. You can find it with the search function in Cydia. This will give you a list of all things you've installed (and some others Saurik included in the programming) that you can select to activate.

3. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

Can you remove winterboard after you install it if you dont want it?

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I would think so. I can't say for sure if it'll remove the changes you've made though.

Why wouldn't you want it on your phone? It has a pretty good looking icon. :D

5. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

Well I hesitated messing with cydia because I dont know very much about it. So is winterboard harmful to the iphone at all? Will it cause it to lag?

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Absolutely not. It just had a serious upgrade that improved the power and eliminated the lag. It's an essential app for a jailbroken phone. The only thing that will cause lag is an excessive amount of pointless apps.

7. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

If you want to modify anything on your phone without SSH, yes.

9. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member