Cydia backgrounder on 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kettlecorn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. kettlecorn macrumors 6502

Anyone using backgrounder on their iPad..? I have it and its installed and when i trigger it on apps it will say "backgrounder enabled" and even show the little icon in the corner of the app icon but after a few minutes or doing stuff, leaving it idle, it completely disables everything. Its really annoying. I want my chat agents like chat to stay open so when people IM me its always open ..like my phone. Instead it stays open for a while and backgrounder refuses to keep it running.

Any ideas? I mean everything works beautifully and i also have multifl0w but its useless without backgrounder working properly.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try using the "Backgrounder" mode instead of "native" mode?

3. Agent215 macrumors newbie

Backgrounder on 4.2.1 does works

I just found the way to enable backgrounder on my ipad 4.2.1 First you need to disable multitasking in iFile : System/library/coreservices/springboard.app/K48AP.plist (property list viewer/capabilities...multitasking off) then respring. After that get backgrounder in cydia (not the one for firmware <3.0 but the other one) Then go back in iFile: var/mobile/library/preferences/jp.ashikase.backgrounder.plist (property list viewer/first run ON. Respring and configure backgrounder with overides and activation and voila! It worked for me hope it does for you.