Cydia blank after 4.2.1. JB greenpois0n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by runnerboy516, Feb 5, 2011.

1. runnerboy516 macrumors newbie

I used greenpois0n to jailbreak my 3GS on 4.2.1, and backed up my sources and packages with PKGbackup. When I went to restore this data, it said everything was restored, and almost all of my apps were restored to my springboard. However, when I went into Cydia trying to download another tweak, all of my packages and sources were gone, and they won't reappear by clicking reload sources (well, because there aren't any to refresh). I tried re-installing my sources, but when I did, cydia crashed out to the springboard.

How can I fix this problem? Is there any way?

Thanks in advance!!

2. crunkdaddy11 macrumors newbie

im pretty sure something is just wrong with cydia currently because it wont even let me download mywi it says that the package could not be located

3. runnerboy516 thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out. I just had to restore to factory 4.2.1 instead of upgrading, and used the most recent build of greenpois0n, and everything seems to be working out alright. frustrating, yes, but I can at least see sources and packages now :)

4. nearlygod macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i got exactly the same problem. I rstored 4.21 and used rc5.2
    Which version of greenois0n did you use?
    thx

5. runnerboy516 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used the first version. I also retried yesterday using rc5.4, and the same problem is occurring

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Its because of the all the new Verizon people who are jailbreaking and installing Cydia. Give it a few days.

7. nearlygod macrumors newbie

I tought you fixed it?

I was thinking that maybe the use of PKG-Backup did the damage to cydia?