Cydia broke my GUI?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by GFLPraxis, May 26, 2010.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I added a repository on Cydia today (wasn't even installing any software!); it got stuck on Downloading Packages. After about 20 minutes of idling, I rebooted the iPad. After the reboot, it came up normally to the password screen. I entered in my 4-digit password, and then the iPad rebooted again. Post reboot, the GUI is distorted.

It's like it has reverted to an iPhone. It only has four icons across and all of the icons are small.

Anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

2. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Try a hard reboot -- hold down power and home until the device reboots.

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No change.

:(

Screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

What other cydia apps/extensions do you have installed? I know that some early betas of sbsettings were causing this "ipod mode." Winterboard too. Not sure what else.

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I have BossPrefs installed...wanted to be able to turn SSH off. Also, nes4iphone, snes4iphone, n64iphone, iFile, and MyWi (my iPhone is on T-Mobile, and thus doesn't get 3G, so I tether my iPad to it for 3G speeds sometime. xD ).

EDIT: Oh, and CyDelete.

It's hard to find anything about this on Google because I don't know what keywords to use.

6. colourtheatre macrumors regular

you have probably tried this and i'm going off my rocks but have you tried to "respring"? (its under SBsettings).

7. dav macrumors 6502

happened to me today. i used sbsettings to respring and then uninstalled the most recent package (in my case mywi was the culprit)

8. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

If you can't remove the repo, just do a restore.

9. three macrumors 6502a

three

Is there a reason the BSOD is your wallpaper?

10. mixvio macrumors 6502

I was getting a problem that looked exactly the same a day or two ago because of SBSettings, but they've apparently released an update since then that fixed it or something; it used to happen to me fairly regularly if I had to respring, but it hasn't happened at all in 24 hours.

11. nc016163 macrumors newbie

This has kinda happened to me, I removed SBSettings, incase this caused it, but I cant get my background to come back. Is there anything else i can try or any info I can give you guys so you may help me?

Thanks

12. nc016163 macrumors newbie

Winterboard was causing it, just removed and rebooted and its come back OK. Phew, though I had screwed my new toy!

13. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

winterboard does not work well on ipad no matter what people might tell you. do not install it again until they figure out what the problem is.

Be very careful what apps you load, go to some of the hack sights and see what others are using and what they have said do not work. My understanding about winterboard is that it does not play well with Ipad so I stay away from it.
    I actually dont see the point of the dam program anyway, I could care less about themes, would rather have a functioning ipad than one filled with potential bugs and problems..
    Also you really cant screw up your unit, at the very worst you can always restore and start over.

Get the back up program for a few bucks as safety to reinstall all you apps, it will save you some time if that ever happens.

14. rutiger macrumors regular

wb works fine for me. sure it's not fully ipad compliant yet, but it does work.

15. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Like I said, be careful, its not for the faint of heart and can screw things up.

16. kallie macrumors newbie

right

Its just like starting ur pc at the time when it doesnt start normally.
    [​IMG]

17. kallie macrumors newbie

If you can't remove the repo, just do a restore.

if u cant do a restore u surely has to format ur pc.
    [​IMG]

18. newdeal macrumors 68020

Same thing happened tom mine. It think it was miwi that did it to mine also. I just restored it and started over

19. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

Yea, it's mywi. I installed it, rebooted, then wackoo. When in portrait mode, lower 20% of screen doesn't work.

20. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

Any fix for MyWi yet? Same thing happened to me when using MyWi.