Cydia broken?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Theraker007, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2009
    Everytime I try to open cydia it closes out on me immediately. I tried rebooting my iPad to no avail. Am I gonna have to wipe and reinstall or is there another way?
  2. scirica macrumors 68020

May 13, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    If you are handy with Terminal or SSH you can try this command:

dpkg --configure -a

I was having the same issues yesterday and this cleaned it up for me. If you are not familiar with terminal, don't do it :)
  3. JSalig, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

JSalig macrumors 6502

Oct 30, 2010
    This kept happening to me yesterday. Using ifile I went into the var/lib/dpkg/updates folder and deleted all files inside it. After that cydia stopped crashing. However, it may not be a permanent solution. The problem seems to reoccur when I reboot my ipad.
  4. mcarthon macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sweet man this worked for me but after each reboot the files come back and you have to delete them again. I'm going o use this fix until I restore for 4.2 jailbreak
  5. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2010
    San Diego
    Having the same problem but theres no dpkg folder??
  6. JSalig macrumors 6502

Oct 30, 2010
    Sorry. I meant the var/lib/dpkg/updates folder. Not var/mobile.
  7. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2009
    I'm not on 4.2. Also I don't have ifile installed so I cant. Get to it on cydia. And for some reason i can't seem to get into my iPad with cyberduck. I s ee shh on my sbsettings so it should be installed.

If i restore my iPad and rejailbreak would I lose my saved game states for my games? What about if I got one not from the iTunes store?