Cydia cause springboard crash, every single time

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wkraus94, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Wkraus94 macrumors newbie

So this is my first post on the site, unfortunately it's a help question. I promise I'll be more productive later haha.

Anyways, currently I'm running on and iphone 3gs with the purplera1n jailbreak. Installation went fine, however now every time i download an app from cydia that needs a reboot or respring it tells me that my springboard has crashed upon login and the app doesn't work. So pretty much I have no capabilities whatsoever.

any help would be appreciated :confused:

2. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

What apps did you install? Winterboard caused this to happen to me, I installed it without knowing (it came packaged with a ringtone pack..). Any more information would be appreciated :)

3. Wkraus94 thread starter macrumors newbie

well right now I have Fontswap, BossPrefs (this was actually in an attempt to fix the problem), and yes I also have winterboard.

If I uninstall it, do you think it will help?

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Winterboard isn't working on the 3G S. He's planning to update it soon.

So, uninstall it.

5. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

Yeah, uninstall winterboard for sure. I think it modifies or installs mobilesubstrate too, so uninstall that via Cydia. I did that and then my phone was working fine afterwards. :)

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

7. thuff59 macrumors member

thuff59

Same issue with iPhone going into safemode 3.0 firmware

My iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 3G, and iPhone also crashes with the sad face on the lock screen when I installed the Lockdown tool from Cydia. When I removed tool, all worked fine. I am running the 3.0 firmware. I hope a fix comes out soon.