Cydia crash and I didn't stall SSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by btcutter, May 21, 2010.

1. btcutter macrumors 6502

3.12 Jailbroken
    Just tried to update Cydia and now it just keeps crashing. I read about using SSH to fix Cydia but I didn't download open SSH to my iphone.

Any recommendations on how to get Cydia back up and running? Can I install Open SSH on my PC first and search for my iPhone?

Thanks in advance

2. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You can install iphonebrowser on your computer to get into the iphone directory.

3. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

iPhoneBrowser is like FunBox or iPhoneBox, it's an edition of NokiaBox that was used to restore and fix those 2 cent Nokia phones that no one liked. iPhoneBrowser will let you replace the Cydia file however once you fix this download WinSCP or the Mac program for SSHing because iPhoneBrowser will not let you edit the files. iPhoneBrowser requires being tethered to your computer, not internet tethering.

4. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Is it jailbroken using redsnow or blackra1n? In order for iPhoneBrowser to work, you need afc2 installed (redsnow installs this by default, but blackra1n needs you to install it from cydia). And iPhoneBrowser does allow you to copy your files to the computer to be edited. I dont know what Naethyn is talking about.

5. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

to be edited of your computer but if you dont want to deal with that thats a problem.