Cydia Crash, iFunBox with or without OpenSSH?

jtwestie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I was in the position that I had 4.2.1 on an iPhone 3G, jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. See this thread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1093384/

Downgraded back to 3.1.3 for speed, battery etc - except I cannot open Cydia anymore, it just crashes immediately.

Obviously I cannot just install Icy, or Rock, OpenSSH etc because I cannot open Cydia.

I've connected my iPhone to my Windows laptop (everything else done on iMac, OS X Lion) using iFunBox to delete the said files in var/lib/.

Question is; do I need OpenSSH installed to allow me to view the files to delete in iFunBox, as there don't seem to be any more than should already be there.

If so, how do I install OpenSSH without a correctly functioning Cydia? I've rejailbroken twice already, using Redsn0w.

I look forward to your replies! :D

jtwestie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Downgraded back to 3.1.3 for speed, battery etc - except I cannot open Cydia anymore, it just crashes immediately.

Obviously I cannot just install Icy, or Rock, OpenSSH etc because I cannot open Cydia.
That's exactly what I've done - Restored back and re Jailbroken. So I am currently Jailbroken on 3.1.3, but I cannot open Cydia as it just crashes immediately.

jtwestie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Using redsn0w 0.9.4.

Restored to 3.1.2_7D11, then jailbroke with the 3.1.3_7E17 IPSW as to be able to go back to 3.1.3 with 6.15 BB

EDIT: Will try Spirit now

Last edited:

jtwestie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Jailbroken with Spirit - Cydia now loads! :D Thank you so much! Obviously no custom boot logo anymore - but that's hardly an issue.

Last edited:

jtwestie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Still not quite right - after installing anything with Cydia, then pressing 'Restart Springboard', the phone just hangs on a blank screen with a loading wheel forcing me to reboot.

However, respringing with SBSettings causes no problems at all. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.