Cydia crash, restore without SSH or iFile

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ayimazte, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ayimazte macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone:

I am new to the forum, this is my first post. Thank you for your help.

I have iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 firmware. I jailbreaked it using BlackRain, it's tethered but everything works fine. Until recently Cydia started crashing.

So I now would like to reinstall Cydia. However I don't have SSH, I don't have ifile, iphonebrower and iphone explorer don't work because I didn't get the afc2add, and I don't have the blackrain icon on my phone.

Any suggestion you have for me reinstall and recover Cydia? Please advise.

Thank you

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore it custom 4.0 ipsw created with pwnage assuming you dont have a tethered JB.
    Unless you have SHSH's saved for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 you can restore to those official ipsw's and then JB again.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You could also try running redsn0w and ask it to install Cydia...but I don't recommend it. It will mess up your database.

Also? Don't steal apps.

4. summers10 macrumors newbie

Cydia crash dont have afc2add

Hi there, this is my first post ever so please bare with me. I have the same problem as ayimazte. Cydia ran fine then one day while downloading something (forgot what it was) quit working. I dont have openssh on it nor do i have afc2add in order to use disk aid. Ive tried cyberduck, iphone browser, terminal (mac), and now disk aid but i cant get it to show the root dir. I do not have open ssh installed and cant get it either. Does anyone know how to fix this because ive been trying for like 4 days and its getting frustrating. i miss my jailbreak

5. toofaan macrumors newbie

Help!!

I have the exact same problem. Does anyone know a fix without having to restore and re-jailbreak the phone?